GPS Tracker for Seniors – Locate Your Loved Ones in Real Time
You’re going to learn some top GPS tracker for seniors in this article which helps you quickly locate your loved ones if they wander off or get lost.
If you have seniors in your family, especially those with Alzheimer or dementia, the issue concerns you most should be their safety. However, the seniors with these diseases tend to have disorientation in their daily life and once they wander off or get lost, the situation can become extremely bad which can lead to death or serious injury. In this case, a GPS tracker for seniors can help caregivers out. Read on and you will learn about the top 4 wearable GPS trackers for seniors in the following content.
- • What Factors Should You Consider before Purchasing A GPS Tracker for Seniors
- • Option 1 GoFindMe GPS Tracker
- • Option 2 iTraq
- • Option 3 Yepzon Freedom GPS Tracker
- • Option 4 GPS SmartSole
What Factors Should You Consider before Purchasing A GPS Tracker for Seniors
1. In terms of your needs, you may require a certain type of personal GPS tracker. If you prefer a discreet one, you may benefit from a tracker that can be worn as a watch, necklace, or bracelet. There are also conventional GPS trackers available.
2. Many GPS trackers also have many extra features bundled in. For example, GPS tracker watches for seniors, often double as fitness devices, providing health metrics and other measurements. Other features to look out for include SOS emergency buttons, 2-way calling, and audio monitoring.
3. Monthly fee: Lots of GPS trackers have monthly fees because of cellular data used to pinpoint the location and deliver it to you. There are also many products with no monthly fees which similarly perform as a walkie-talkie although the majority of them are more limited in their tracking ability.
4. GPS capability: If you need a GPS tracker that’s able to cover the whole nation, you will want to choose a more expensive and conventional one. Shorter range tracking often asks for less of a rigorous device.
Option 1 GoFindMe GPS Tracker
If you’re looking for a GPS tracker for seniors, you might as well consider GoFindMe multifunctional GPS tracker. Only the size of your palm, GoFindMe provides real-time information on where your loved one is. The range is pretty enough if you live in a small town. In an open field, the signal can transmit as far as 8km and in a dense filed, it’s limited to 5km.
Meanwhile, like many of its counterparts, GoFindMe allows you to preset a geo-fence on the exclusive App, so, once the loved one step out of the perimeter, you will be informed and what’s more, there is also an SOS button.
GoFindMe is absolutely the best way to give peace of mind. Even the seniors wander off, you don’t necessarily worry because you know you can target them as soon as possible.
- No monthly fee
- Good looking
- The range covered is a little bit short
Option 2 iTraq
As small as a credit card, iTraq enables you to track almost anything from your loved ones to pets and luggage. This tracker pairs with an App on a smartphone to locate anybody you want. For seniors, the device includes a motion or fall sensor and a notification will be sent to you once a fall happens. Their latest product, the iTraq Nano is marked as the world’s smallest all-in-one tracking device that has global tracking, 2-month battery life. It’s also water and dust proof and is able to charge wirelessly. The device also has an SOS button that will send an instant alert to friends and family that acknowledge them their loved ones’ accurate location.
Similar to geo-fencing, iTraq has a feature named guard model too. With the guard mode, you can define a guard zone which is a radius. Once your target leaves the zone, you will be alerted through a message.
- Motion detection
- Long battery life
- The frequency of the sent location report is too long
Option 3 Yepzon Freedom GPS Tracker
Although Yepzon comes with a monthly fee starting at $4.99, it is surely a reliable product among its competitors. This GPS tracker for seniors is basically a keychain or key fob style tracker that uses GPS, WiFi, and cellular data 3G for accurate location tracking. It’s easy to use for beginners and offers a lot of functionalities and is quite versatile for it can be attached to almost anything like bags, pockets, or items.
The App gives you a link to purchase additional data online, which is the official Yepzon website linked to your device. They recently offer the “unlimited data plan” for $29.99 per year which you can not beat.
- Easy to use
- Easy to carry
- A monthly fee is charged
Option 4 GPS SmartSole
The GPS SmartSole is a pretty innovative invention. It a GPS tracker but is implanted in the sole of a shoe. The beauty of this product is that it is both discreet and no-invasive and if your loved ones go anywhere they won’t forget to wear it.
It also includes a companion App for both Android and iOS and you can also check in on your loved one via a website interface. You can set up geo-fencing boundaries which will send you a text once the loved one step out of the perimeter.
It pings a GPS location every 10 minutes using both GPS and mobile networks.
- Convenient to use
- Non- invasive
- If your target is inside his home, the device won't be necessarily worn
People tend to worry about the safety of seniors in their family. What worries them most is whether they wander off and get lost. To give peace of mind, a GPS tracker for the seniors is inevitable. In the article above, I introduced the top 4 wearable GPS trackers for seniors and hopefully, you can choose the best one based on your own needs.
Meanwhile, if you have any other recommended product, please write to us.